In this story-driven and intense Psychological Action Thriller, players assume the role of Alan Wake, a best-selling suspense author suffering from writer's block, who escapes to a small town only to experience the mysterious disappearance of his wife.
Set in the seemingly idyllic town of Bright Falls, Washington, "Alan Wake" draws players into an intense, cinematic world that enables players to explore the hyper-realistic and interactive environments. "Alan Wake" is structured in an episodic format, much like a thriller TV-series, with a deeply engaging and suspenseful storyline unveiling plot twists and profound character revelations in nearly every episode.
Players will unravel the riveting plot through multilayered character interactions, unique problem-solving and intense combat against the darkest of enemies. In this nightmarish world, where the boundaries between reality and fiction become increasingly blurred and ambiguous, Alan Wake must use a variety of weapons to survive, including his most powerful ally against the darkness - light itself.
· Intense psychological thriller. “Alan Wake” delivers a deeply psychological and finely crafted plot that raises the bar of storytelling in video games. The riveting story of “Alan Wake” is propelled by a movie-like atmosphere, compelling situations, memorable characters and real-time pacing. Remedy has a record of creating and developing games with unique cinematic presentation and exceptionally high production values. The developer has harnessed next-generation gaming technology to tell a powerful story that immerses the gamer in the intense emotion and suspense of Alan Wake’s thrilling adventure.
· Light as a combat element. As the story progresses, nights grow longer and days grow shorter. This poses a severe problem for Alan Wake since his enemies seemingly gain strength from the shadows, and before long light itself becomes his greatest ally. Players must skillfully combine their use of light with more conventional weapons to stand a chance against these creatures of darkness.
· Realistic, interactive environment. Set in the town of Bright Falls, the hyperdetailed environments of the Pacific Northwest play an important role; even the change in daylight and weather will profoundly affect the characters and enemies in “Alan Wake.” The game’s advanced rendering engine provides amazingly realistic environments that bring this world to detailed life — from the lush forest of evergreen trees to the quaint small-town buildings and streets. The world of “Alan Wake” is alive and real.
· Episodic narrative. The mission-based structure of “Alan Wake” creates an episodic narrative similar to a deeply structured dramatic television series. As the episodes progress, gameplay will evolve to introduce new elements and characters, escalating the level of threat and action in the game.
The Key PC Version Enhancements:
· Experience Alan Wake’s Pacific Northwest in higher resolutions and higher fidelity than ever before
· Refined and fully configurable mouse and keyboard support (Microsoft Xbox 360 controller is of course supported as well)
· A wide selection of customizable graphics settings and support for 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios
· Multithreaded engine that takes advantage of quad core CPUs
· Additional options our fans have sought after, such as field of view adjustment as well as “hide HUD”.
· Works with AMD Eyefinity 3D 3-screen mode
· Works with NVIDIA NVISION2 Stereoscopic 3D
Please Click Here to sign in and leave a review.
There are currently no reviews for Alan Wake for PC